- President Biden picks The Charleston Group's Benjamin as Senior Advisor and Director of White House Office of Public EngagementMarch 2, 2023The Bond Buyer
- March 10, 2020
Affordable Housing and Community Economic Development
Affordable Housing & Community Development Lawyers near Fayetteville, NC
The Charleston Group is one of the region’s leading affordable housing and community economic development law firms. Drawing on our firm’s expertise in real estate, administrative and tax law, we represent developers, investors, lenders and government agencies in the financing, ownership and operation of affordable housing projects all across the region.
Our Housing & Development Council Specialties
Our team specializes in securing funding for a wide range of mixed-income and mixed-use projects, taking advantage of low-income housing tax credits, tax-exempt and taxable bonds, and community development grants. We aggressively seek out innovative funding strategies for our projects.
We are particularly proud of our work as counsel to the Fayetteville Metropolitan Housing Authority in connection with a $20 million Hope VI Revitalization Grant used to finance the acquisition and construction of affordable housing. With the help of that grant, the project was able to secure more than $100 million in funding for a mixed-income residential project that came through on budget, finished ahead of schedule, and transformed a blighted area of the city.
Our attorneys strongly believe in giving back to the community. Among other engagements, our lawyers have done pro bono work as volunteer counsel for the Center for Economic Empowerment and Development and served as co-chair of the City of Fayetteville Fair Housing Board.
Our Affordable Housing & Economic Development Law Firm Successes
- Counsel for Fayetteville Metropolitan Housing Authority in connection with numerous HOPE VI projects, including Fayetteville’s Old Wilmington Road Neighborhood, Curtis Lane Apartments, and Alfred Lane Senior Apartments
- Counsel to the Bank of America Community Development Bank in connection with $16.5 million County of Mecklenburg Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds for Sycamore Green Apartments
- Co-Bond counsel in connection with $14.8 million County of Cumberland Taxable Limited Obligation Bonds (Qualified School Construction Bond), Series 2011A
- Co-Bond counsel in connection with more than $105 million City of Columbia, South Carolina Waterworks and Sewer System Revenue Bonds, Series 2010
Raleigh & Fayetteville Affordable Housing & Development Attorneys
Searching for an affordable housing or economic development law firm in the Raleigh or Fayetteville NC area? Contact The Charleston Group today.
We provide council throughout Fayetteville, Charlotte, Fort Bragg, Raleigh, Hope Mills, Fuquay-varina & Durham North Carolina.