- City of Jackson, Mississippi Selects The Charleston Group as Bond Counsel In Connection With $40 Million City of Jackson, Mississippi 1 Percent Special Sales Tax Revenue BondsAugust 6, 2019
- HOKE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA APPOINTS THE CHARLESTON GROUP AS BOND COUNSEL TO CLOSE $12,001,000 IN WATER AND SEWER REVENUE BONDSMarch 2016
Corporate Lawyers near Fayetteville & Raleigh NC
Whether you’re launching a new company or guiding an established one, you need strong, results-oriented legal counsel. The Charleston Group handles all aspects of business law, from corporate structuring and partnership agreements to franchise arrangements and mergers and acquisitions and business formation.
Our expertise in related practice areas can also benefit your business. For instance, as one of North Carolina’s leading real estate practices, we have extensive experience in the purchase and sale of commercial property.
Our transactional law practice specializes in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings and formation of companies and their components. For example, we recently negotiated a Fortune 50 financial service company’s sale of its majority interest in a national assets management company.
Our administrative and regulatory practice helps clients keep abreast of changes to rules and regulations that may affect operations. And our tax law practice helps clients lower their tax burden at the state and federal level.
When civil litigation matters arise, you will want members of The Charleston Group at your side. We successfully defended DaimlerChrysler Corporation in a breach of warranty lawsuit and won a dismissal of charges against several key executives at American Express Financial Advisors, Inc., in high-profile litigation asserting breach of contract, wrongful discharge, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty. We are also adept negotiators, and we strive to help clients avoid the courtroom through early resolution.
Our knowledge of the business world extends beyond our legal training. Members of our team have been successful in the entertainment and financial services arenas. For example, one of our attorneys spent several years as in-house counsel for two leading entertainment companies, representing some of the biggest names in entertainment. As a result, we are able to advise clients in the film, television, and music industries on such issues as artist and producer agreements, co-publishing and administration agreements, and master licensing and national touring agreements.
- Represented City of Fayetteville, NC in negotiation of cable television franchise agreement with Time Warner
- As defense counsel for American Express Financial Advisors, Inc., successfully defended key company executives in high-profile litigation asserting breach of contract, wrongful discharge, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty. All claims were dismissed at trial and the decision of the trial court was affirmed by the North Carolina Court of Appeals
- As defense counsel for DaimlerChrysler Corporation, successfully reversed a Superior Court judgment in regard to a novel issue involving breach of warranty lawsuit on appeal to the North Carolina Court of Appeals
Fayetteville Business Formation AttorneysTrying to find Business Formation & Litigation Attorneys in the Fayetteville/Raleigh area? Call The Charleston Group today to find out information about:
We service areas in Fayetteville, Charlotte, Fort Bragg, Raleigh, Hope Mills, Fuquay-varina, & Durham North Carolina.