- September 19, 2019Inside Edition
- September 18, 2019
Business Litigation Lawyers near Fayetteville & Raleigh NC
Our litigation team has a strong track record of successful outcomes in high-stakes business disputes. We’ll help you develop a winning strategy through negotiation and, when necessary, litigation in state, federal and appeals courts.
The Charleston Group has been called upon by some of the nation’s most prominent companies, including American Express Financial Advisors and DaimlerChrysler Corporation. We understand the intricacies of business litigation—including the need to minimize disruption and quickly restore business as usual—and have prevailed in cases ranging from from employment disputes to breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
One of our areas of expertise is real estate law. Our litigation team works quickly to resolve disputes regarding construction, public works, infrastructure, and transportation projects. We also handle cases involving taxes, trusts and estates, and personal injury and wrongful death.
Not all of our cases are decided in the courts. We are experts in administrative and regulatory law and have defended clients in investigations brought by the U.S. Department of Justice, as well as other federal and state administrative agencies. We are leaders in cases dealing with medical issues and have defended numerous healthcare providers and government authorities in hearings before administrative and regulatory agencies.
- As defense counsel for American Express Financial Advisors, Inc., successfully defended key company executives in high-profile litigation asserting breach of contract, wrongful discharge, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty. All claims were dismissed at trial and the decision of the trial court was affirmed by the North Carolina Court of Appeals
- As defense counsel for DaimlerChrysler Corporation, successfully reversed a Superior Court judgment in regard to a novel issue involving breach of warranty lawsuit on appeal to the North Carolina Court of Appeals
- Successfully defended a mental health provider in the seminal case Carrieing Home Health Care, Inc. v. N.C. Department of Health and Human Services, which established, among other things, the obligation of North Carolina Department of Justice to defend local management entities
- Successfully defended a major non-profit organization before the IRS in connection with allegations that the organization engaged in impermissible political activity, which threatened its 501(C)(3) exempt status
Business Litigation AttorneysSearching for Business Litigation Lawyers in the Raleigh or Fayetteville NC area? Contact The Charleston Group today. We service areas in Fayetteville, Charlotte, Fort Bragg, Raleigh, Hope Mills, Fuquay-varina & Durham North Carolina.