- Affordable Housing and Community Economic Development
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Administrative and Regulatory
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Business & Commercial Transactions
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Corporate Law
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Government Contracts
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Litigation
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Personal Injury/Accidental Death
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Public Finance Law
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Real Estate Land Use
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Tax
- The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Trusts and Estates
- March 10, 2020
- November 25, 2019
- September 19, 2019Inside Edition
- September 18, 2019
- City of Jackson, Mississippi Selects The Charleston Group as Bond Counsel In Connection With $40 Million City of Jackson, Mississippi 1 Percent Special Sales Tax Revenue BondsAugust 6, 2019
- HOKE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA APPOINTS THE CHARLESTON GROUP AS BOND COUNSEL TO CLOSE $12,001,000 IN WATER AND SEWER REVENUE BONDSMarch 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- July 13, 2011
The Charleston Group Practice Areas - Family Law
Family Law Firm in North Carolina
Family lawyers offer guidance and representation for navigating life's toughest challenges. Family law is complex, balancing the interests of multiple parties in cases charged with emotion, such as adoption, divorce and custody disputes. When cases hit this close to the heart, making the right decision is hard. Get a helping hand with an experienced family law attorney representing your interests.
Family Law Matters
We offer professional legal guidance for a range of complicated family matters. The impacts of these cases can last a lifetime. If you are facing any of the following family matters, send us a message and schedule a consultation. Gain experienced legal representation for family cases involving:
State laws regulate adoption, and in North Carolina, residents must meet specific guidelines. For your protection — and the welfare of the child — consult with a family attorney. Foster parents seeking to gain full custody of foster children are included. Residency, the child's age and your marital status will all affect eligibility.
Child support helps with the costs of raising a child. Too often, parents dodge this responsibility, falsifying income and withholding payment. If you need to request support from another parent, we can help. We work for the assistance you deserve, including payment for medical, educational and child care expenses.
Child custody is often part of a divorce agreement and a driving force behind calculating child support payments. These cases are revisited as changes develop and disputes arise. Custody cases impact the lives of parents and children. Whether entering into an initial agreement or seeking to make changes, call a lawyer first.
Division of Social Services (DSS)
A DSS inquiry can be frustrating and embarrassing for any parent. This agency aims to promote a healthy home environment, but often, well-meaning parents find themselves under investigation. DSS social workers may recommend classes, counseling, changes at home or, in severe cases, removal of your child.
Regardless of the grounds for divorce, separation of property, child custody, support payments and more are decided in the courtroom. Family lawyers are skilled in developing strategies for a favorable division of property, creating child visitation schedules and tallying necessary living expenses.
Protective orders are designed to shield victims of domestic abuse from their abusers. We file protective orders forcing domestic abusers to stay away or face legal repercussions for violating, typically a Class A misdemeanor. If you are the victim of abuse, start the legal process for protecting yourself and holding your attacker accountable.
In many relationships, it is common for one spouse to earn more than the other. Following separation or divorce, this often leads to income disparities, threatening the standard of living. Family law firms determine appropriate support payments after separation and work to establish ongoing payment schedules.
Fayetteville Family Law Practice
If you are facing a family legal matter, contact The Charleston Group today. We offer experienced family legal guidance in Fayetteville and the surrounding area, including Raleigh, Fort Bragg, Charlotte, Hope Mills, Durham and Fuquay-Varina. Gain protection for you and your loved ones. For help with a family case, call (910) 485-2500 or send us a message.